General Call for Consultants (Senior and Mid-Level)
EnCompass LLC seeks senior and mid-level short term technical consultants to serve on anticipated evaluation and assessment task orders under the USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Evaluation, Assessment and Analysis (EAA) mechanism.
Consultants must have expertise and experience in the
countries and sectors noted below.
Task orders under this mechanism will focus on:
- Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods evaluations, assessments, and studies
- Building the capacity of USAID staff and partner monitoring and evaluation specialists and local institutions.
Countries of Focus:
Kenya, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Economic growth, agriculture, food
security, trade and investment; population and health, nutrition, water
sanitation and hygiene; environment, natural resources, wildlife trafficking;
education, and training, youth and workforce development; democracy, human
rights, governance; conflict mitigation, post conflict reconstruction and
countering violent extremism; human capacity development, humanitarian
assistance, and cross-cutting programs (resilience, conflict management,
private and voluntary cooperation, transition initiatives, post-conflict
reconstruction, urban programs, gender and development.
Consultants will lead or support evaluation/assessment designs, development of data collection tools, data collection efforts, analysis, reporting, and learning. Consultants must have experience and expertise implementing evaluations, assessments, and studies in the countries and sectors noted above. Experience in developing capacity in these areas are also desired. We are also looking for consultants who have deep experience/expertise in the sectors noted above who can support evaluation teams as subject matter experts.
Relevant Skill Areas
Please ensure that your CV clearly covers any of the skill areas noted below that are relevant to you.
- Designing various types of mixed-methods evaluations (impact, performance, meta, etc.), analyses, and assessments
- Leading implementation of various types of mixed-methods evaluations (impact, performance, meta, etc.), analyses, and assessments
- Data quality control and analysis skills including command of statistics, sampling methodologies, statistical analysis software, and data validation techniques
- Drafting and finalizing evaluation reports
- Ability to apply systems thinking in evaluation design, conduct participatory data collection methods and protocols, and facilitate participatory data validation and analysis exercises
- Designing and training on Theory of change / logical frameworks
- Building evaluative and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Designing and implementing programs in any of the sectors noted above.
For expatriate consultants, the following are minimum qualifications for various levels:
- Senior Consultants: Must have a relevant Master’s degree and at least 10 years of related experience, or Bachelors Degree and at least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Mid level Consultants: Must have a relevant Master’s Degree and at least seven years of related experience (or Bachelor’s Degree and at least ten years of relevant experience)
Consultants who live in any of the countries noted above are not contractually held to the minimum standards listed for expatriate consultants. However, these standards serve as good guidelines with respect to the levels of experience that will be needed for Senior and mid-level consulting positions overall. Preference will be given to consultants who reside in the country of focus for a given task order.
Qualified applications will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis as task orders are received throughout the five-year life of the project.
Please clearly list the following in your CV and Cover Letter:
- Countries in which you have evaluation/assessment/study experience (from the list of countries above)
- Sectors in which you have evaluation or programming experience in (from the list of sectors above)
- Country in which you currently reside
|Date posted :||2020-04-08|
|Job type:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Location:||Countries of focus: Kenya, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda|